I was admitted to law school at age 19 and graduated from Yale, where I served as the Managing Editor (Online) for The Yale Law Journal and Executive Editor of the Yale Journal on Regulation. I practiced at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz in NYC (and prior to that, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP). During those years, I served on the hiring & recruiting committees for Yale, Stanford, NYU, Columbia and UPenn law schools.
Between 2018 and 2020, I managed numerous legal matters for Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez and their respective entities, ranging from intellectual property licensing, investments (ranging from seed stage to Series D) and complex joint ventures.
My previous legal representations have included:
- three of the largest public M&A transactions in the world between 2010-2015;
- three of the five largest Chinese IPOs in 2006-2007;
- AT&T in its $950 million sale of the majority of its Yellow Pages business to affiliates of Cerberus Capital Management and its proposed $39 billion acquisition of T-Mobile from Deutsche Telekom AG;
- China Investment Corporation in its purchase of newly issued ordinary shares of Alibaba Group Holding Limited (as part of the largest non-LBO private financing for a technology company globally);
- UnionBanCal Corporation in its $1.5 billion acquisition of Pacific Capital Bancorp; Standard Chartered Bank in the sale of its Americas private banking business to Banco Santander International;
- Diageo in its exploration of strategic options for its global distribution relationship with Casa Cuervo; and
- Goldman Sachs and American Express in the recapitalization of Carver Federal Savings Bank, the largest African-American operated bank in
the United States.
My legal scholarship principally consists of articles on mergers and acquisitions, including the two cover stories, “What You Need to Know About the FCPA Before You Do Your Next Deal,” in The M&A Lawyer and “Preparation and Disclosure of Financial Projections in Public M&A,” in Practical Law: The Journal.
I regularly lecture and speak on a variety of legal topics including entertainment and M&A law, as well as ethics, professional diversity and career management, at Yale Law School, Harvard Law School, the Stanford Graduate School of Business and NYU Law School.